Friday, March 12, 2010

SECOND COMING WHEN HARDCORE PUNK AFFECTED MY LIFE (DYS)

I just want to share with you all guys about one band that really really different in that moment.
Sort of outstanding, while I try to understand about POSI LIFE Experiences...
And It happened...Unbelieveable


DYS, "Department of Youth Services"

DYS ("Department of Youth Services"), along with fellow band SSD, was the backbone of the so-called "Boston Crew" - a group of guys who lifted weights, ate lots of red meat, and advocated the straight edge. DYS formed around singer Dave Smalley, a Washington DC native attending school in Boston, and bassist Jon Anastas, previously of Decadence (see the This Is Boston Not L.A. comp). The band released a classic 12" in 1983 on SSD's XClaim label and played shows in Boston and elsewhere on the East Coast.

After a few years, DYS traded hardcore for hard rock, and added a fifth guitarist (Ross Luongo from Impact Unit) in order to be able to play complex metal riffs and solos. 1984's self-titled LP attracted major label interest, but this attention eventually brought about the demise of the band. Afterwards, Anastas played bass in Slapshot for a while, and Smalley sang for ALL and the seminal DC band Dag Nasty, before starting Down By Law.



And one of my fave's song from them is

MORE THAN FASHION, it was lecturing me a lot...and made me aware of it, read the lyrics below ;

MORE THAN FASHION [DYS]

More than X's on my hand
More than being in a straightedge band
I see no good in my mind getting fucked
A needless vacuum, I won't be sucked
Straight Mind
Razor Edge
Firm footing on a social ledge
"A party's no fun if there's no brew"
I can only feel sorry for you
'Cause I've had a blast all my life
Never needed any puke-filled strife
Straight Mind
Razor Edge
Firm footing on a social ledge
It's a way of life that says I don't need
Hangovers, freak-outs or expensive weed
Rather buy a record any day
My mind is here, not far away
Straight Mind
Razor Edge
Firm footing on a social ledge
Hangovers, freak outs or
Expensive weed
Rather buy a records any day
My mind is here, not far away
Straight Mind
Razor Edge
Firm footing on a social ledge

Some day I will cover this song with my band with featuring 3 vocalists from Jakarta SxE bands...you'll see...and full part of sing a long, and put in my record

(Iman Firmansyah Sihombing Hutasoit, BSc, MD)
VICTORIOUS

No comments:

Post a Comment